PDA

View Full Version : got Knoppix started, now what?

sirknot
02-09-2005, 06:57 PM
I got Knoppix working (after MUCH headaches!), and now I'm at a "BOOT" prompt. What do I here? Is it like windows where I use a mouse to use things?

BTW, I installed Knoppix to recover some files.

pureone
02-09-2005, 07:18 PM
you just press enter... then it should boot. but if your unlucky you will need to enter cheatcodes at the boot up. it will then try to automaticly detect hardware partitions and what ever else. then it will load in to kde(desktop).then explorer and enjoy

CrashedAgain
02-10-2005, 05:36 AM
you just press enter... then it should boot. but if your unlucky you will need to enter cheatcodes at the boot up. it will then try to automaticly detect hardware partitions and what ever else. then it will load in to kde(desktop).then explorer and enjoy

If you just press enter it will start in German. Type "knoppix lang=us" then press enter.

Harry Kuhman
02-10-2005, 06:35 AM
If you just press enter it will start in German. Type "knoppix lang=us" then press enter.
That's only true if you downloaded the German version of Knoppix (the one with DE in the name). If you downloaded the English version (the one with EN in the name) then you can type an enter and it will start in English.