PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix 3.6 boot help...

Sc0ri4
02-12-2005, 11:28 PM
Hey guys...

I just recently picked up a hunk of junk laptop from my friend. However this laptop is so old it won't boot from the CD-Rom. I have read up on some website about creating a floppy diskette for booting Knoppix 3.1 by using boot.img in the KNOPPIX directory. However with my v3.6-2004-08-16-EN.iso there is no boot.img in the knoppix directory. I was wondering if someone could help me with this...maybe let me know if there is a way to create a boot floppy with 3.6. I would be forever grateful. Thanks guys.

Harry Kuhman
02-12-2005, 11:33 PM
Even in this forum you don't have to read very far before you find other subject lines that address this very same issue. Can no one be bothered to read the answers to existing posts before they ask the same questions?

Sc0ri4
02-12-2005, 11:35 PM
I'm sorry...I didn;t mean to anger you....I am just very frustrated by this point...and nothing caught my eye on this subject...so I just posted.

No big deal.

Could I maybe get a direct to the post about this?

Harry Kuhman
02-12-2005, 11:50 PM
It's just very frustrating that no one bothers to look at all of the information already here before they ask the same questions over and over.

Could I maybe get a direct to the post about this?
Even better, I thought I had said enough in my above post, but I'll make it clear how to find the last post on this subject. Go back to the Hardware & Booting forum list of subjects (since this is a booting issue). Just scan down the subject lines for anything that might look like exactly what you are talking about. When you find a subject that is an obvious match, read it! If you get to the end of the page (which should take less than about 10-15 seconds, click to the next page. You will not have to go far.

Yea, I could have posted the link. But this way you get a skill that you apparently didn't have before. (yea, that's my frustration showing again).

And that search link at the top of the page would have been another easy way. Just click on it, select the radio button for searching just the knoppix.net site, and put in the very obvious words or phrase that you would expect to find other discussion of this topic. Normally I would do it this way, but trust me, in this case the scan of the subject lines is even easier.

Harry Kuhman
02-13-2005, 01:18 AM
Your last post was deleted because of content. I will certainly not try to help you again. This thread is now closed.