PDA

View Full Version : Hawking USB adapter

ragga
02-13-2005, 02:41 AM
Greets,

I am trying to set up a Hawking USB adapter on Knoppix 3.7 hdd install I have tried while running 2.4 kernel as well as 2.6, I have configured ndiswrapper to load wind502u.inf , (my adapter uses wind502 envara chipset), and I can see the adapter in USBview , shows all device info, but ndiswrapper just says it added driver , but no new device appeared.

If I try and use wlan card config, it says no card found.

I am not completely unfamiliar with Linux, but I am not very experienced either...and I am chasing my tail here.

It seems as though something needs to be edited to get the info it has in USBview.... available as a device which I can then link the ndiswrapper driver to?

I have checked the devices file in proc/bus/usb/ I think it was, I was only able to view it in Emacs, and I see where it has the USB adapter and all it's info, but it says driver=none, when I try and edit that, it will not save.....

I have read several things online, but I am still lost, I also tried :

ndiswrapper -i /wlan/wind502u.inf (it says wind502 is already installed)

modprobe ndiswrapper

iwconfig wlan0 channel 6 (at this point it says wlan0 does not exist)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I run ifconfig it shows my pci lan card, and loopback only.

If anyone can help clear up what procedure I need to follow here, I would really appreciate it....I am trying to cut the cord from MS XP and this is the only major sticking point left....

Thank You....

Respects,
Ragga ;-)

Edited P.S. *****

Actually ,

After further consideration I have decided that I am completely unfamiliar, and inexperienced w/ Linux......but I am determined to remedy that....respects

ragga
02-13-2005, 06:36 PM
Well....so far I have run

ndiswrapper -m

this added alias wlan0 ndiswrapper to modules.conf

I thought this might make it load modiule at boot...

If I run modprobe wlan0 it doesn't give an error....

but iwconfig still says device not found, as does wlanctl-ng...

Will update if I figure anything out....

respects,
ragga.