PDA

View Full Version : new to linux in general, problem booting (Caldera DR DOS?)

istoleapig
02-15-2005, 11:50 PM
I have checked the checksum of the files that i have downloaded and burnt them using nero and after veiwing all the related files and such.

My computer will boot the CD and brings up the Caldera DR DOS text, and goes through all my hardware. When this is completed the following text comes up.

cache size= 7670kb (XMS)
minimum cache size=1024kb
write through drives : A B

Current options
/mlx - program is loaded into conventional and xms memory using DPMS
/bl=16 - ?located? buffer is in coneventional memory,size is in kb
/lend=on - lend memory to other applications - 6646 kb available
/delay=off - while delay is disabled, caching is write through

Caldera DR DOS 7.03
copywrite (c) 1976, 1998 Caldera blah blah blah

[DR-DOS] A:/>

then im lost, and i dont know what to do....

bucodi
02-16-2005, 09:04 AM
Looking at your screen shot, I suppose your PC boots from a floppy disk and load DR dos

Change your BIOS settings in a way it boots from the CD. For that you have to change the boot order in the BIOS

Rony

Harry Kuhman
02-16-2005, 09:14 AM
Looking at your screen shot, I suppose your PC boots from a floppy disk and load DR dos
Change your BIOS settings in a way it boots from the CD. For that you have to change the boot order in the BIOS

No, I'll bet he used a Nero option to make the CD "Bootable".

I have checked the checksum of the files that i have downloaded and burnt them using nero and after veiwing all the related files and such. ...
You pointed out that you read all the related files, but the result that you have matches the results of a couple others who burnt incorrectly. If you followed the prescribed steps then I'm sorry, this will not be of much help. But it does not look like that is what you did. Can you post what steps you took to burn the ISO file to the CD?