PDA

View Full Version : Open Office 2 and Kanotix 2005-01

RayB
02-17-2005, 12:40 AM
Probono,

Have just run through the install of Open Office 2 (prerelease); the download took place, there appeared to be an install section, however there was no cmg icon on the desktop and I have been unable to find any cmg files except my Prozgui one.

Do you have any known problems with the Kanotix 2005-01 release??

Thanks

ray

probono
02-17-2005, 09:23 PM
Hi RayB,

while most cmg files get auto-created by klik on the client machine, ooo2 is different: I have hand-created the cmg file and klik is supposed to just download it to your desktop (and probably there is still a bug in this - do you have a 100mb file in your $HOME? - just rename it ooo2.cmg and see if it works).

I've very recently uploaded a new ooo2 cmg and didn't have the time yet to test it very well. If you don't mind another 100mb download, you can grab the cmg directly from the server: http://klik.atekon.de/cmg/ooo2.cmg - I'd appreciate your feedback on whether it works. There is still the older version (and this definitely works) on http://klik.atekon.de/cmg/ooo2-alt.cmg

Hope this helps.

Greetings,
probono

RayB
02-18-2005, 12:25 AM
Probono,

Well this is most peculiar. There are no files in my home directory, only the user folder and theres nothing untoward or unknown in there, nothing in the tmp file. I have run a search for *.cmg. cmg using the file:/ plus subfolders, no returns.

I have downloaded the new 0002.cmg as advised, the download took place, when it finished there was a fair amount of disk activity but nothing on the desktop, nothing in the home directory, find could not locate the file. I completed this process first as a user and when nothing could be found I reran the process as root, still nothing to be found anywhere.

Any ideas where I should look for it. I am running Kanotix 2005-01 on a 40GB partition with 4.4GB used.

I have just tried, as an alternative, to download the file using Prozgui, however the following errors occurred:

1. On the Prozilla download screen
Unable to open file /mnt/app/1/usr/0002.cmg.prozilla: read only file system

2. Kde type message

There doesn't seem to be enough free space or a disk write failed when attempting to create output file.

Now I am even more confused than I was before.

Ray :lol: