PDA

View Full Version : irq conflict

jestra01
02-17-2005, 03:44 AM
hi,

i looked around already and had no luck finding anything.

Im trying ot install a wpc11v3 linksys wireless card, and i have been for about a week now. :mad: Im near certain i have figured out my problem. When i plug in my card while knoppix is running, it crashes. When i plug it into the laptop and boot up, it loads the card and then crashes. Theres no way to run iwconfig or anything because my card crashes the system. I have to find a way to get the card to sit in the laptop without any crashing right. So im near certain it is a IRQ conflict between my PCI and another device. How can i configure my irq's running knoppix. knoppix is installed to my harddrive so i have no option to use any cheatcodes. everything i read pertains to cheatcodes and whatnot, and i have researched and i cant find any problems like this with IRQ's.

Im using a toshiba satellite 2540cds laptop. i checked the bios and there is no IRQ option in there. Also during hte boot option i see something lke irq error pci=irq something like that im not certain. I'll have to double check that.

jestra01
03-14-2005, 09:30 PM
ok now i changed the irq in teh bios and it will boot up but it doesnt recognize anything in the pci slot. I get a message that sais yenti socket fail or something similar. Whta is this. i need to run a dmesg command it sais to get more informaiton, but i dont have my laptopt with me right now so ill post back when i get more info.

Harry Kuhman
03-14-2005, 09:35 PM
This is a laptop? Are you comfusing the terms PCI and PCMCIA, or do you really have some sort of PCI slot for that laptop?

OErjan
03-15-2005, 05:54 PM
there are quite a few integrated things that use PCI bus on a laptop. my laptop hat it for the modem and nic to name two.