PDA

View Full Version : Fiwrewire drive gone....

calarndt
02-19-2005, 05:03 AM
Hi All,

Up until yesterday I only had one issue with knoppix, that being on a power outage, upon reboot it fails to re-enter a gui state. Instead after a power outage it fails to start X and KDM and therefore KDE and instead boots to the console. (this has been reverified over several knoppix releases and is an ongoing problem)

As I said, until yesterday.... Today after updating via "apt-get ugrade" I no longer have access to my firewire harddrive where I store all my critical files.... My firewire drive had been autodetected, no intervention from me...My sources.lst is unmodifed. My knoppix version is 3.7...

I have no idea how to fix this... both kernel modules are loaded. The only difference I see is the eth1394 module (and an extra [eth1] ) which is loaded but I have none of that hardware is present on my system. The drive no longer shows up in /proc.... Removing eth1394 does not change things either.

These problems apply to my hard drive installed Knoppix 3.7 system.
Kernel 2.6.9 (stock)

Klaus... please add these 2 bugs to your list...
And thanks for one fine Live CD!
To date I have it running on 15 different systems!

Cal....
http://tuxtype.sf.net

calarndt
02-20-2005, 04:12 AM
The firewire problem turned out to be an intermittent failure in the drive itself.

The the console issue upon reboot from a power failure is still an open issue...

Cal...