PDA

View Full Version : i need some help please

joshrube82
02-22-2005, 05:01 AM
i really want to use knoppix and switch from windows to linux and im having some problems i have been reading the forum for a few days now trying to find answers but the answers i have found dont work or i cant find the answers. ok i have installed knoppix to my hard drive and everything seems to work fine cd and dvd and everything and i can access my windows drive fine but i cant get gaim to work with yahoo so i want to install yahoo for debian but icant get it to work right.

So how can i install yahoo messenger? that klik stuff doesnt work right for me i cant get anything thnat installs to work. also there is an option to save canfiguration for everything but i want the config to load up automatically when i start knoppix. really for now thats what i want to work yahoo and i want my configuartions to auto load up with knoppix. or instead of yahoo installing and working then get gaim working with yahoo and my autoconfig.

please help me i hate windows and i want to use linux forever. next i will get to figure out how to copy dvd's and do video editing on here but i figure i will start small.

foamrotreturns
02-22-2005, 06:11 AM
GAIM isn't famous for staying connected (or even connecting at all)
give kopete a try
http://kopete.kde.org/