PDA

View Full Version : SB Live worked-restarted... now it doesnt!

jtvision
02-24-2005, 05:11 AM
Ok Im running Knoppix 3.7 with 2.4 kernel.

I had my sound working with my SoundBlaster Live pci card. I dreded restarting because it always seems to mess things up!! Anyways, I shut down, and upon returning to my KDE, guess what - sound isnt working!

The modules are loaded. emu10k1

Before all that I did to get the sound to work (after installing drivers etc...+shutdown for the night after i got sick of messing with them!) was type:
modprobe snd-emu10k1

and VOILA! - My sound was working! Unfortuantly the modprobe command did not work this time; even after unloading the soundcore and emu modules.

Im quite dissapointed =(

Also, is their a file somewhere that I can restart and not have to bring all my devices up manually? (i have to './start_net' everytime i reboot to get my wifi working)

Thank you.

jtvision
02-24-2005, 06:46 AM
Weird! Ok, i restarted once again and messed around a bit.... rmmod snd-emu10k1 ---> insmod snd-emu10k1 which resulted in XMMS being able to playback audio! GREAT! Only thing is that I have no idea why this did not work before. (Once again: it was not muted in the mixer or XMMS)

Now, Im scared to shut down, and have to mess around for another hour to get it up and working again.

How can I make it so every time i start up, my WiFi connects auto, and my SB works?

Thanks