PDA

View Full Version : Probably a very newbie question..

Schopenhauer101
02-25-2005, 05:45 PM
Hi all!

A strange thing that has always happend while using knoppix as hd-install is that my broadband connection always disconnect after a while (an hour or more) if i do not choose to use the network card configuration tool first. If i havńt i can use it to get the connection back. (And start all of my downloads again, sigh.) At the place im going to stay at for quite some time now i can only use wireless connection. It works great.

But, and here comes my problem, when knoppix disconnect, i cant use the network card config-tool to get it goin' again. What should i do? Some help would really be lovely.

Take care/
Björn.

CrashedAgain
02-26-2005, 05:33 PM
Is the computer going into 'sleep mode' when this happens? If it is, try booting knoppix noapm.

Schopenhauer101
02-27-2005, 03:20 AM
No its not going into sleepmode. But this error has been around for me as long as ive been using knoppix. That means for about a year.
Thanxs for your advice anyway. Any help is more than welcome.

Does anyone know how to activate the wireless connection when it disconnects? I cant use the netcardconfig tool as usual any longer since its a wireless connection.

Take care
/Björn

Schopenhauer101
02-27-2005, 11:07 AM
Sigh, i forgot to mention a not so unimportant fact....
Im using a notebook so the wireless connection is ofcourse from the PCMCIA slot.

Everything works fine with autodetect exept that i get disconnected after a few hours and that i every singel time have to reboot because i do not know how to reconnect manually.

Any help is more than welcome.

Take care/
Björn