The following extra packages will be installed:
libcurl3 libidn11 libsdl1.2debian libsdl1.2debian-oss
Suggested packages:
bzflag-server libcurl3-gssapi ca-certificates libldap2-dev
The following NEW packages will be installed:
bzflag libcurl3
The following packages will be upgraded:
libidn11 libsdl1.2debian libsdl1.2debian-oss
3 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 768 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/8391kB of archives.
After unpacking 10.9MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
dpkg: unable to access dpkg status area: Read-only file system
W: Not using locking for read only lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock
W: Couldn't stat source package list ftp://ftp.gwdg.de woody/main Packages (/home/knoppix/.dist/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.gwdg.de_pub_languages_java_linux_debian_dists_ woody_main_binary-i386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
W: Couldn't stat source package list ftp://ftp.gwdg.de woody/non-free Packages (/home/knoppix/.dist/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.gwdg.de_pub_languages_java_linux_debian_dists_ woody_non-free_binary-i386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
W: Couldn't stat source package list ftp://ftp.gwdg.de unstable/main Packages (/home/knoppix/.dist/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.gwdg.de_pub_languages_java_linux_debian_dists_ unstable_main_binary-i386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)

I have tried running it outside of KDE changing all of the read-only settings i can find and still nothing is there annother post with a "BZ-Flag install guide"

CrashedAgain
02-25-2005, 10:13 PM
This is a Hd install right? These error messages ('read-only file system') are typical of running from CD or a 'toHD install' system.
Have you done apt-get update? You must apt-get update ('dselect update' is actually a better command to use) before you can use apt-get. The update command updates the package available lists so apt will know where to download from.