PDA

View Full Version : Cedega...

Kowood
02-25-2005, 10:48 PM
I tried posting this in the MS Windows forum, but no on responded and I don't really think this is their schtick. So, I have on hbd1 Kanotix, which takes up the entire partition. I have on hda1 a buttload of games which I wish to load with cedega. I have cedega installed in Linux, but I can't seem to get it to load from hda1 (Windows). I used

#cedega /mnt/auto/cdrom/start.exe because the game (The Sims) loads from the cdrom, and uses saved files on the hard drive but I got back some sort of Xlib and X11drv messages saying that Xserver can't connect to ":0.0"[/code]

UnderScore
02-26-2005, 12:35 AM
Sorry, I don't have any cedega or WineX experience. Perhaps you can get your questions answered at the TransGaming forums.

Kowood
02-26-2005, 03:41 AM
Oh god no.....I hate the TG forums......I looked on them a while ago for an answer to this and they said that it was impossible......And a friend of mine who's very Linux-fluent and introduced me to the stuff said it was possible. He also said that the TG forums were bullshit.

tom p
02-26-2005, 11:43 AM
The error message suggest that you try to start a X program as a user not having permission to connect to the X server. Try to start the program as the user that started X, or if that is not possible, open the root shell from the Knoppix menu - that way permission to start X programs is granted.

Thomas

CrashedAgain
02-26-2005, 05:36 PM
As user type " xhost local: " so that root can start x programs without problem

tom p
02-26-2005, 06:23 PM
As user type " xhost local: " so that root can start x programs without problem
you mean "xhost +localhost"
oops - according to man page "local:" means the same; you'll never end learning :-)

Thomas

Kowood
02-26-2005, 06:36 PM
I assume that local is the host name..I typed xhost Micron and it seemed to make it work....When I opened the autoplay from the CD-ROM, however, it said "Autoplay could not find the original The Sims on your system. Please reinstall it" I think this may be because it's looking for it on hdb1, when it should be looking on hda1. How do I get it to find the application on hda1? When I try
cedega /dev/hda1/Program%20Files/Maxis/The%20Sims/Sims.exe it says something like "usr/lib/transgaming/blahblahblah/wine could not find /dev/hda1/Program%20Files/Maxis/The%20Sims/Sims.exe"[/code]