PDA

View Full Version : Help with CD install

proguard
03-03-2005, 07:13 PM
I am trying to boot from CD but as the scipt is running the install is stopping and i am recieving the message" Network device eth0 detected, DHCP broadcasting for IP.

What do i do excuse my ignorance but i am a total newbie to Linux

Harry Kuhman
03-03-2005, 07:36 PM
You titled this "help With CD Install" but you posted exactly the same thing in 2 forums (hardware and booting and networking) but not in the forum that deals with Installing Knoppix. I have removed the cross post from the network forum. I'm not moving this to hdd install because it's not clear to me if you really are trying to do a hdd install. Hopefully not since you proclaim yourself a total newbie. You might want to restate in different words just what you are trying to do. If you really are trying to install, does Knoppix work OK for you when run from the Live CD? And please post in only one forum, do not cross post.

proguard
03-04-2005, 02:17 PM
the problem is happening when i am trying to boot from CD i am getting the message as mentioned above what do i do

Harry Kuhman
03-04-2005, 07:57 PM
the problem is happening when i am trying to boot from CD i am getting the message as mentioned above what do i do
Are you on a network? Should your computer be getting a DHCP setting from another system (although Knoppix should certainly boot even if it can't)? You might try typing knoppix nodhcp at the boot prompt, although if you need to connect to a network through your ethernet port later then you will likely have to run netcardconfig (through the menu or from a shell prompt).

I would avoid using forms of the word install when talking about running from the Live CD, it is only going to confuse things.