PDA

View Full Version : noob for help here!!

newpants2003
03-04-2005, 07:44 PM
i download the knoppix.iso file, and burn the imagin file on the cd. but somehow the computer
can not read it, says the formate of the cd is unreadable. the computer cannot be reboot frome the cd either. why is that happen?
shuold i use the achool check it first?

Harry Kuhman
03-04-2005, 08:08 PM
First of all, if you expect help, start putting something informative in the subject line. How useful do you think these forums would be for the next guy if all the subject lines read with lines like "I want help"? However, since other people have not done this you could read through the forum subject lines and find many other times where this is discussed in great detail.

Next, did you check the md5 sum of the file you downloaded, or did you decide that you didn't have to bother with that? Did you see the md5 file but not know what it was and decide that it would be better to just skip past it that do a simple google search (http://www.google.com/search?q=md5&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official)?

Perhaps you should start by reading the downloading faq reached by the Documentation link at the top of this page.