PDA

View Full Version : Want Kbear, Bluefish, let's lose Abiword and..?

4season
04-07-2003, 06:06 PM
Just a thought:

I am trying out the Bluefish HTML editor but it requires libaspell15, and that conflicts with libpspell4 which as far as I can see, is only being used by Abiword. Since Knoppix already includes OpenOffice and KWord, I figured I wouldn't miss yet another word processor, so I removed Abiword and libpspell4.

Kbear's a little trickier: Latest version requires Qt3 and that can't be installed onto a stock Knoppix system because it conflicts with other files also. Haven't quite figured a workaround for this so meanwhile I have installed gFTP instead. Thought to install an earlier-version Kbear .deb package but LOTS of unmet dependencies there, and fixing them gets messy.

RockMumbles
04-08-2003, 05:44 PM
I am trying out the Bluefish HTML editor

Have you tried quanta it's a real nice html development environment and I think it may be included in the new versions of knoppix, my knoppix 3.1 cd has bluefish but not quanta, I use quanta on my woody kde 3.x systems.

rock

Stephen
04-10-2003, 08:56 PM
If you want to ftp just use Konqueror (ftp://username:password@www.the.website) the :password gives you a password login just change the username and website parts.