PDA

View Full Version : Dell mouse wheel acting funny (esp. in Mozilla)

yakirz
03-09-2005, 07:23 PM
I can use the wheel to scroll about halfway down a web page, then it stops responding. I haven't noticed this in other apps yet.

foamrotreturns
03-09-2005, 08:57 PM
it's not just a dell issue. it's related to the content beneath the cursor. Mozilla is trying to scroll the content separate from the page. If you move your mouse cursor over to the side of the page where there isn't any content that Mozilla might interpret as an iFrame or something, it will usually start working again. It's usually on these forums and other phpBB forums right? those are the only places i've had that problem.

yakirz
03-09-2005, 10:36 PM
Thanks... that makes sense, I guess. Yeah, I think just on these types of forums - it doesn't happen on every site.

Seyyapc
03-09-2005, 11:02 PM
it's not just a dell issue. it's related to the content beneath the cursor. If you move your mouse cursor over to the side of the page where there isn't any content that Mozilla might interpret as an iFrame or something, it will usually start working again.
So that's why, thanks I always learn something new on this forum..actually I use my cursor on the left of the screen where I am reading this forum.

foamrotreturns
03-10-2005, 01:39 AM
Glad i could help. Ironically, i figured this out by trial and error. It was annoying me so i did a test on several sites and figured out that it was only on phpBB sites and only when the cursor was hovering over a post. From that I gathered that Mozilla was trying to scroll the individual posts so I moved the cursor over into the avatar area of the page and it scrolled all the way down.