PDA

View Full Version : NEWBIE QUESTION

FLSAFARI
03-10-2005, 09:31 PM
HI, NOT MUCH OF A COMPUTER PERSON AT ALL AND HAVE NEVER USED ANYTHING BUT WINDOWS. WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IS CAN I INSTALL KNOPPIX ON A LAPTOP HARD DRIVE THAT HAS NO TYPE OF OS ON IT NOW?THANKS. FLSAFARI

Harry Kuhman
03-10-2005, 09:52 PM
1) You should learn to use an informative subject line, the subject line that you used is useless for anyone else searching for the same information.

2) Generally posting in all caps is not well received on any forum.

3) If you are new to Knoppix, you should not be worried about installing it on a hard drive, try using it right from the Live CD before you even consider instaling it.

4) Installing Knoppix is not dependent on any other OS. But there are a lot of issues involved in installing this version of Linux that was intended for running from that live CD rather than for installing to a hard disk. You might want to look over all of the posts that people have made in the hdd install forum to se what you are likely to encounter if you install Knoppix to a hard drive.

FLSAFARI
03-10-2005, 10:29 PM
Hi, Thanks for the info on posting on the forums, I am new to all of this.Sorry for the caps..I will read much more about this program before I post again.Thanks.