PDA

View Full Version : OpenOffice Keys

Viro
04-07-2003, 11:49 PM
I'm using Knoppix 3.2 (2003-03-28), and there seems to be a problem with OpenOffice.

Whenever I type the " character, it appears on the document as ?. This only happens in OpenOffice and no other program. I'm at a lost as to what I need to change. I have a UK keyboard, and KDE is set up to use the UK keyboard.

Any ideas?

brainless
04-08-2003, 10:04 AM
hey, change your font. some just don't have this character i s'pose. i had the same problem and i don't remember which one worked.
i tried out helvetica, times, arial (i guess) and something else with h. and then courier and i think only courier worked. and it looks nice too :)

Viro
04-08-2003, 02:39 PM
A font change doesn't work. That would be rather silly too, seeing as every keyboard comes with the " character, and I'm not doing some funky chinese typing or some other eastern language.

VeeDubb
04-09-2003, 08:13 AM
did you boot with "knoppix lang=en" ?

It may be switching to German as default. This happens to me occasionaly with knoppix 3.1 and yes, I AM using the english ISO

Viro
04-09-2003, 11:06 AM
Well, I booted with lang=uk, because I'm using the UK kayboard layout, not the US layout.

If that *is* the problem, I'll probably have to reinstall, seeing as I made a hd-install.