PDA

View Full Version : knoppix problems

benjamin1254
03-13-2005, 02:21 AM
I just recently installed knoppix to my hard drive. when i first booted up with lilo it worked i was happy. I then rebooted my pc after downloading a program that stoped my mozilla browser completely. I then tried to re log back in through the main screen. I tried and the screen restarted. I tried 3 other timesand gave up. I then went in throughthe root terminal and entered my user name and password and it recognised it. problem is i couldent get startx to run. anyone have anything i could do to get it to work again? i would love to go back to using it off my hard drive. any help would be great!

eon
03-13-2005, 03:42 AM
What is the output from "startx"?

If you get something like fatal xserver error you may need to
reconfigure x.

benjamin1254
03-13-2005, 03:50 AM
how do i copy and paste the output?

benjamin1254
03-13-2005, 04:01 AM
never mind that last post i found out how to fix it. what u need to do is go in reformat the partition and reinstall linux. once you have done that go in and in your koncole... enter apt-get update and let it run. then go apt-get install yard. once that has been done it should update lilo.config and it will work again. it took me a few tries to get it right but i did. like everyone else i am learning too!