PDA

View Full Version : realy big problem , i cant boot knoppix :(

gpevc1
03-14-2005, 07:15 PM
decited ti install knoppix , and thats my bigest problem .. i was dawnloading from this page knoppix.iso file , i extrat the file then i burn to the disc via nero -> make bootble cd. Im going to my bios and enable first boot atapi cd-rom , i disable maxtor hardisk. I restart pc , and it dosent boot , simplay as that. i use winxp , and i dont have dos installed.((( I was instaling 1 day before 1 booable program called caledra dr.dos 7.03 , and burn it to cdrom , i USE IT ONCE .. ))))
And today i was traying once again , when i place peanut cd into cd-rom , and starting pc it AUTOMATICLY start booting caldera dr.dos 7.03 and i DONT HAVE CD IN IT ! pc writes BOOTING FROM ATAPI CD-ROM : 1,44 mb diskett ( WTF ) caldera blablabla .. so i guess this program emulate a: (flopydrive) to my e: ( cdrom drive ) thats why I THINK cannot installed knoppix. Haw can i uninstall this fuc##$ program, in winxp i dont have any uninstall option.

ok, when caldera is running i type e:/dir .. and there is some strange files from caldera , but i cannot delte them , i try to make dir and copy all files from knoppix.iso into c:/linuxx/ but i dont know how to start ! :oops:
So can anyone help me with this badly situation , i realy wanna try knoppix.
thnx for anykind of replay !!!

respect !

Harry Kuhman
03-14-2005, 07:49 PM
, i extrat the file then i burn to the disc via nero -> make bootble cd....
I actually stopped reading at this point, no reason to go any further. this is wrong in multiple ways. You don't extract anything from the ISO. You do not use the Nero Make Bootable option. Use the documentation link at the top of this page, then read the Downloading faq.

Additional hints: Check the md5 sum before you burn. This is really important. So what if you don't know what that means? Learn, then do it. Use a 700 meg CDRW if you have one for your first burns until you get it right. When burning a CDR do it at a low speed like 4x, not as fast as the burner claims it will go. No good reason why a burner that claims it can burn at 48x or faster doesn't burn well at those speeds, but we've seem plenty of cases where the burn speed was the final problem. You need to burn the ISO file as an "image", do not drag the iso into the file area and do not use "make bootable" options.