PDA

View Full Version : My Knoppix Desktop is missing that key icon

dj_clawson
03-16-2005, 11:19 PM
Recently my external hard drive crashed, and it was recommended that I use Knoppix to transfer the files from the bad drive to a new drive.

I have WinXP, so I got Knoppix and booted it off a hard disk. That's all well and good, and I can even open individual files from the "bad" drive in various players (movies, pictures, etc), but I can't open any kind of file manager to move the files over! When I click on the icon for the drive, a "Please choose application to use" thing pops up and none of the applications are the ones I want to use.

I looked in Control Center, and it immediately said I should be using a little blue gear/blue K icon for just about everything. The problem is, I don't see this icon anywhere on my screen. There is a gear with a K icon, but the gear is white and the K is yellow, and it just brings up a ton of menus that don't contain any sort of file manager or Konqueror.

Can someone help me? My version is Games-Knoppix v. 3.7-0.2

dj_clawson
03-17-2005, 06:03 AM
I fixed my own problem by downloading an earlier version (3.6) and running it instead.

pureone
03-17-2005, 06:25 AM
yeah games knoppix doesnt have konq in it sadly i dont know why they left it out most probley due to lack of room.