PDA

View Full Version : knoppix installation: no way!

corrosion
04-08-2003, 12:57 PM
Hi

Im trying to install knoppix from 2 days ago... The problem _was_ lilo at first, but I discovered debian woody can correct that mounting filesystems and make system bootable :D After discovering that knoppix kernel gives me errors loading filesystems so I reinstall knoppix with XFS but... this time it installs lilo perfectly (hda --> NT, hdc-->GNU/Linux) and loads linux but... again it says it does not recognise my filesystem... then I use knoppix live cd and create a new kernel on my /boot of hdc... but still no way!
can it be it is a 120GB filesystem only for gnu/linux?? I installed woody before on it with the same partitioning and it worked perfectly.... can you help me please? thanks a lot, at least for reading me :D

regards 8)

rickenbacherus
04-09-2003, 12:43 AM
Pardon me as I am not sure what you are asking but here goes...When you install Knoppix you can only install it to a single partition. It won't install /home /var etc. seperately. It is possible however to install Knoppix and then move your directories to their appropriate partitions. Stephen has posted a very excellent how-to on that very subject should you care to read it.
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/HomePartitionHowTo

I hope this is what you were asking about. If not of course please post back.