PDA

View Full Version : USB PCMCIA Card for IBM ThinkPad 390 2626-70U

jbreazeale
03-18-2005, 10:46 PM
I recently installed Knoppix on the hard-drive on a stock IBM ThinkPad 390 2626-70U. I'd like to install a PCMCIA USB card or PCMCIA USB/Fireware card on it. Some candidates are the Adaptec AUA-1420A (USB) and AUA-1422 (USB/Firewire). Also, there's a Belkin USB 2.0 and CompUSA (FMI) v2.0.

I'm looking for recommendations on a card to use that will be the most compatible/least hassle. Thank you in advance for any help you can give on this matter!

jbreazeale
03-18-2005, 10:59 PM
It might useful to mention that I hope to occasionally use a full-sized keyboard on my laptop. I can already drive an external display and have a PS/2 port for a mouse, so the keyboard is the only peripheral left to make the laptop. I could try a USB keyboard but it's interesting to use a USB to PS/2 adapter as I have a KVM switch at work that's based upon PS/2. Otherwise, for home use, I might consider a USB keyboard. I'd also like to use a USB-based CD-RW and USB-based external HD. As you can see, all of the above hinges on getting a working PCMCIA USB card.

jbreazeale
09-15-2005, 03:34 AM
I'm bumping this in the hope someone can answer this question.