PDA

View Full Version : "cant find knoppix filesystem" error

redss
03-19-2005, 08:19 PM
boot from the knoppix cd starts ok, I see "welcome to knoppix liveCD", and so forth until it pauses awhile at "looking for linux in /dev/scd0", then it says "can't find knoppix filesystem, sorry" then "dropping you to (very limited) shell"

Now I have seen this error on another computer (that cant boot from CD) when it boots from floppy and can't find the knoppix CD, but in this case, it already started booting from the CD, so why can't it find the filesystem there?

hans.ohio
03-23-2005, 05:11 PM
I had the same issue. Then I used the nodma option and it worked. You may want to give it a try.

fingers99
03-23-2005, 07:20 PM
Yep. nodma should do it.

JackDeth
03-25-2005, 06:10 AM
boot from the knoppix cd starts ok, I see "welcome to knoppix liveCD", and so forth until it pauses awhile at "looking for linux in /dev/scd0", then it says "can't find knoppix filesystem, sorry" then "dropping you to (very limited) shell"

Now I have seen this error on another computer (that cant boot from CD) when it boots from floppy and can't find the knoppix CD, but in this case, it already started booting from the CD, so why can't it find the filesystem there?

I just came on looking for this same issue and the nodma thingie worked for me too. Thanx guys!

gum digger
03-26-2005, 04:22 AM
Hi
How do use the nodma option. press f2 at knoppix menu and then at boot: prompt type nodma. ? if that is it then its not working for me it says some kernal not found.

Harry Kuhman
03-26-2005, 05:11 AM
knoppix nodma at the prompt.