PDA

View Full Version : PyMusique (iTunes Music Store client for Linux)

j.drake
03-23-2005, 03:14 AM
Might be nice to DL a few Pepsi iTunes, while advancing the cause of linux, don't you think? http://www.daeken.com/index.php?s=pymusique

jd

probono
03-23-2005, 09:19 AM
I agree, actually I was already writing a klik recipe, but when I hadit halfway ready it was announced that the iTMS was fixed so that PyMusique can no longer work. But let's see what the next version of PyMusique brings http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=10070 ;-)

Greetings,
probono

j.drake
03-24-2005, 01:48 PM
That's the version I linked to above. It has a link to a tar file.

jd

probono
03-24-2005, 11:07 PM
Cool :-) I'll try to make it klik-able.

Greetings,
probono

probono
03-25-2005, 02:51 PM
klik://pymusique :-) It was neccessary on my system to disable the KDE sound system first.

Greetings,
probono

lilsirecho
03-27-2005, 05:22 AM
Doesn't open on my system. Does the sound prevent it from opening?

probono
03-27-2005, 11:27 AM
I have only tried it with Kanotix 2005-01 so far, where it works perfectly. It opens with or without the KDE sound system on, but I had to switch off KDE sound in order to get the sound working.

Greetings,
probono

subslug
04-20-2005, 05:12 PM
On Kano 2005-02 after I closed the KDE sound PyMusique works great! 8)
This is my very first time trying Itunes or PyMusique out and so far it's pretty impressive. Thanks for this toy probono

Just tried this again on a different machine and get this message Unable to mount /mnt/app/1. I don't know what could be different about the two but Py works great on one and not on on the other.

subslug
04-21-2005, 02:54 AM
A follow up that might offer a few clues as to what's happening

ioctl: LOOP_CLR_FD: Device or resource busy
mount: you must specify the filesystem type
/root/.zAppRun: line 121: error: command not found
umount: /mnt/app/1: not mounted

this is the message I'm getting when I try and install Pymusique on Kanotix 2005-02.

probono
04-21-2005, 11:38 AM
If mounting cmg files fails, then you can try mounting them by hand using

sudo mount ~/Desktop/whatever.cmg /mnt/test -o loop -t cramfs
/mnt/test/wrapper

Some Kanotix versions seem to have a problem in detecting the cramfs filesystem automatically.

Alternatively, you can simply unpack the cmg as described in the klik documentation.

subslug
04-22-2005, 04:26 PM
Thanks probono...........unpacking PyMusique and then opening the created folder and dragging the zappycfiles.py and dropping onto the wrapper works great!
Mine are all hard drive installs so I'm not able to try it on a live boot. Anyway /usr/sbin/cramfsck -vx ~/Desktop/app app.cmg ...works if all else fails.