PDA

View Full Version : kdelibs-data

Mustang64
03-27-2005, 05:26 AM
During an update frenzy I ran across the following error while trying to update KDE in general, and "kdelibs-data" package in particular:

Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Correcting dependencies... Done
The following extra packages will be installed:
kdelibs-data
The following packages will be upgraded:
kdelibs-data
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 178 not upgraded.
5 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B/7087kB of archives.
After unpacking 2286kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
(Reading database ... 112776 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace kdelibs-data 4:3.2.3-4 (using .../kdelibs-data_4%3a3.3.2-4_all.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement kdelibs-data ...
Replacing files in old package korganizer ...
Replacing files in old package kcontrol ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/kdelibs-data_4%3a3.3.2-4_all.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite `/usr/share/mimelnk/application/vnd.sun.xml.calc.template.desktop', which is also in package openoffice-de-en
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/kdelibs-data_4%3a3.3.2-4_all.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
RESULT=100

Went to the Debian site (www.debian.org) only to find this has been a problem for over three years. Surely by now, someone has found a work-around – yes?

GMD :lol:

fingers99
03-27-2005, 02:40 PM
Well, sort of.

The trick seems to be to upgrade to unstable, starting with Kde. See:

http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2251

Alternatively, you could pop /home on a seperate partition and install Kanopix (which is already unstable).

Mustang64
03-29-2005, 06:22 AM
Thanks for the link fingers99

Unfortunately it is Knoppix 3.7 that I am in the middle of updating...

Any other ideas that will keep me from rebuilding my install from the groound up? I realy don't want to go through resetting all my formating and configurations again... :sad:

Thanks

GMD

jackashe
03-29-2005, 08:13 PM
I have knoppix 3.8 and went along upgrading and hit this same problem.

I did a snippet of what was in the other thread: I didn't upgrade to unstable, but here is what I did to get past this:
basically, you force the files to be overwritten with the ones in kdelibs-data.

knoppix@1[knoppix]$ dpkg --force overwrite -i /var/cache/apt/archives/kdelibs-data_4%3a3.3.2-4_all.deb
dpkg: requested operation requires superuser privilege
knoppix@1[knoppix]$ sudo dpkg --force overwrite -i /var/cache/apt/archives/kdelibs-data_4%3a3.3.2-4_all.deb
(Reading database ... 113938 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace kdelibs-data 4:3.3.2-1 (using .../kdelibs-data_4%3a3.3.2-4_all.deb) ...
dpkg - warning, overriding problem because --force enabled:
trying to overwrite `/usr/share/mimelnk/application/vnd.sun.xml.calc.template.desktop', which is also in package openoffice-de-en
trying to overwrite `/usr/share/mimelnk/application/vnd.sun.xml.draw.template.desktop', which is also in package openoffice-de-en
trying to overwrite `/usr/share/mimelnk/application/vnd.sun.xml.impress.template.desktop', which is also in package openoffice-de-en
trying to overwrite `/usr/share/mimelnk/application/vnd.sun.xml.writer.template.desktop', which is also in package openoffice-de-en
Setting up kdelibs-data (3.3.2-4) ...
knoppix@1[knoppix]$ sudo apt-get install -f

The last line kicks off the install of everything that you got the update packages for.

everthing seemed to work fine except for one package:

Setting up autofs (4.1.3+4.1.4beta2-3) ...
Stopping automounter:dpkg: error processing autofs (--configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
autofs

Not sure what to do about THAT.

cowmix
03-30-2005, 10:34 AM
I have knoppix 3.8 and went along upgrading and hit this same problem.

I did a snippet of what was in the other thread: I didn't upgrade to unstable, but here is what I did to get past this:
basically, you force the files to be overwritten with the ones in kdelibs-data.

knoppix@1[knoppix]$ dpkg --force overwrite -i /var/cache/apt/archives/kdelibs-data_4%3a3.3.2-4_all.deb
dpkg: requested operation requires superuser privilege
knoppix@1[knoppix]$ sudo dpkg --force overwrite -i /var/cache/apt/archives/kdelibs-data_4%3a3.3.2-4_all.deb
(Reading database ... 113938 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace kdelibs-data 4:3.3.2-1 (using .../kdelibs-data_4%3a3.3.2-4_all.deb) ...
trying to overwrite `/usr/share/mimelnk/application/vnd.sun.xml.draw.template.desktop', which is also in package openoffice-de-en
trying to overwrite `/usr/share/mimelnk/application/vnd.sun.xml.impress.template.desktop', which is also in package openoffice-de-en
trying to overwrite `/usr/share/mimelnk/application/vnd.sun.xml.writer.template.desktop', which is also in package openoffice-de-en
Setting up kdelibs-data (3.3.2-4) ...
knoppix@1[knoppix]$ sudo apt-get install -f

The last line kicks off the install of everything that you got the update packages for.

everthing seemed to work fine except for one package:

Setting up autofs (4.1.3+4.1.4beta2-3) ...
Stopping automounter:dpkg: error processing autofs (--configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
autofs

Not sure what to do about THAT.

Arg.. I am having the same issues upgrading 3.8 to UNSTABLE..

I *want* to use Knoppix instead of something like Kanotix.. but this error is forcing my hand.. :(

Has anyone out there been able to get 3.8 converted to UNSTABLE?

CrashedAgain
04-01-2005, 04:07 AM
Since the only problem seems to be with /usr/share/mimelnk/application/vnd.sun.xml.(XXXX).template.desktop files which are part of openoffice-de-en, it might work to remove openoffice-de-en ("apt-get remove --purge openoffice*") then finish updating kde then reinstall openoffice.
For the reinstall use the standard openoffice package instead of the openoffice-de-en package which I think is special to Knoppix. This should also get the benefit of installing the openoffice help files which are (or at least used to be-I haven't used Knoppix 3.7 or 3.8) absent from Knoppix probably for space reasons.
There is also a kde integration package for openoffice which gives a kde 'look & feel' to openoffice but I don't think there is a .deb package for it. I have installed it using the standard openoffice install package.