PDA

View Full Version : StyleSheets in Konqueror

AJones
03-28-2005, 07:16 AM
Hi:

I am trying to use my custom Stylesheet in Konqueror, but this browser juts ignores my stylesheet, is there any way around. I checked all the Konqueor Settings.

Thanks,
AJ

eco2geek
03-28-2005, 08:31 AM
I have no idea! But I'll take a stab at it anyway!

Does

Settings > Configure Konqueror... > scroll down to the "Stylesheets" icon in the left-hand pane and click on it > click the "Use user-defined stylesheet" radio button + tell it the location of your stylesheet > click "OK"

do anything for you?

(Interesting question. Why would you want to use your own stylesheet to view every web page?)

AJones
03-28-2005, 12:43 PM
It is strange, The StyleSheet is selected as described by you, When I open HTMl files saved on the disk it opens in my CSS, but when I visit websites my stylesheet is overriden with the actual pagestyle of that site, I dont know where to set overide pagestyle.

AJ

eco2geek
03-28-2005, 08:59 PM
The only thing I can add is, as you probably already know, external stylesheets are overridden (or modified) by stylesheets in the <head> section of the page, and those stylesheets are overridden (or modified) by <style> tags in the body (the "cascade" in "cascading style sheets").

So, where does your custom stylesheet fall in this chain?

AJones
03-29-2005, 03:22 AM
With What I see, it is a composite of the site's pagestyle and my CSS. I chose use custom StyleSheet from Seetings in Konqueror, I dont see my fonts being selected. I see only the site's fonts. It would not be a big deal if for the reason I have a dark background and Light foreground fonts in my CSS. Now all fonts are dark on dark background. FireFox and Opera have an option to set our fonts & colors over website's. I dont see any setting for precedence of our colors & fonts in Konqueror Settings. Mostly I use Opera, but it would be convenient to use Konqueror as a filemanager as well.

Thanks,

AJ