PDA

View Full Version : Video Card

MSPirate
03-29-2005, 12:51 AM
I have a crappy 64 MB Inel Extreme 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV graphics controller on my laptop. It boots Windows in 640X480, but i have it set to show everything after the boot in 1024X768 so that it takes up the full screen. I recently downloaded a Knoppix Live CD, wanting to know if its worth it to partition my hard drive and run two operating systems, but it won't allow me to change from 640X480 within Knoppix. Does anyone have a solution that will allow me to run in full resolution without me installing a Linux based operating system? Thanks for all the help, feel free to im me at jfanchier386 with AIM, youmaycllmejesus with Yahoo, youmaycallmejesus with MSN, or just email me at youmaycllmejesus@gmail.com.

Thanks for everything,
John

MSPirate
03-29-2005, 01:50 AM
To add to this, as i'm booting there are options for 3 possible resolutions, but it won't allow me to change them once i get Knoppix started.

Seyyapc
03-29-2005, 04:21 AM
but it won't allow me to change from 640X480 within Knoppix. Does anyone have a solution that will allow me to run in full resolution without me installing a Linux based operating system?

You can try at boot the cheat codes (http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Cheat_Codes)

Try at the boot something like knoppix screen=1024x768