PDA

View Full Version : Slow a Fast GBA Emulator

prophet829
03-30-2005, 05:14 AM
Hi I'm a newbie at linux

I successfully installed my first program from a source code in my hd installed knoppix.
The program was Visual Boy Advanced, an emulator for the GBA.

Now every time I run a game it is too fast.

I was wondering if any one with experience with this program under Debian can help.

Thanks All

chris-harry
03-30-2005, 10:01 AM
can you read code, because i was going to suggest read the code... and then find the part where it litually says... "time=cpu speed" to something like "time=real time"... change it so that the emulator's speed/clock runs off real time not how fast the cpu is... if you get what i mean...

gildedlink
04-13-2005, 09:40 PM
Considering how late this post is to the thread, maybe I shouldn't bother asking for more info -_-

Does it run so fast under windows as well?

There are a few normal things you may have done within the program, for example there is a speed key that you may have mapped as a button as well (an easy mistake to make), options such as frame skip, Real Time Clock, and more may have something to do with it.

The most likely conflict I can see with Linux may be how the emu has an option to set the process priority...

_se7en
04-20-2005, 02:09 AM
Considering how late this post is to the thread, maybe I shouldn't bother asking for more info -_-

Does it run so fast under windows as well?

There are a few normal things you may have done within the program, for example there is a speed key that you may have mapped as a button as well (an easy mistake to make), options such as frame skip, Real Time Clock, and more may have something to do with it.

The most likely conflict I can see with Linux may be how the emu has an option to set the process priority...

I've use VBA before on Windows XP. Runs at accurate speeds, not too fast, not too slow. For Linux, trying messing around with the framerate.