PDA

View Full Version : Where could I get the 3.3 CD ?

chung
04-03-2005, 08:28 PM
I'd like to have lyx/tex on a knoppix cd, but I don't want to go through the whole customization thing.
Since it was in knoppix 3.3, I'd like to know if it's still available somewhere.

chung
04-03-2005, 08:42 PM
OK, I've found the Quantian livecd (though their most recent iso are over 1G )

A. Jorge Garcia
04-04-2005, 03:40 AM
I found it at one of the ftp sites listed here a few months ago. I needed it for an old PC I found at a garage sale that would only boot without dma! Since the latest KNOPPIX set dma as default even on the cd drive, I couldn't even boot the CD! So I downloaded 3.3 and it booted and I did a hdinstall and now that machine purrs like a kitten!

Sorry, I don't know where I found it. You should be able to find it if you search a few of the KNOPPIX mirror sites!

Good Luck.

HTH,
AJG

eco2geek
04-04-2005, 04:16 AM
Versions 3.3 through 3.7 are available here (http://ftp.knoppix.nl/os/Linux/distr/knoppix). (Now, if anyone knows where versions 1 and 2 might be found....)

Harry Kuhman
04-04-2005, 04:36 AM
.... Since the latest KNOPPIX set dma as default even on the cd drive, I couldn't even boot the CD! ..... You couldn't even get to the boot prompt to put the knopix nodma cheat code in? I've seen systems that need nodma, but all would work with the cheat code. I don't think the basic boot is any different up until the boot prompt between old versions and new. You might want to try a newer CD again, one burnt at a slow speed, and see if you can't get the knoppix nodma code to work.

Ralph.Bremer
04-04-2005, 09:12 AM
Versions 3.3 through 3.7 are available here (http://ftp.knoppix.nl/os/Linux/distr/knoppix). (Now, if anyone knows where versions 1 and 2 might be found....)

Hello,
if someone is really interested, i have an old Knoppix2.2 CD
( and 3.1 and 3.2 ) and cold upload it somewhere
( anyone knows where to put it ? )
after i get DSL in some weeks ....

eco2geek
04-04-2005, 09:44 AM
I am really interested, and will work on finding a place for you to put it. Thanks!

A. Jorge Garcia
04-04-2005, 10:55 AM
Well, that's all I could figure was the problem at the time. All I know is the 3.4-3.7 liveCDs would not boot on that PC!

Regards,
AJG