PDA

View Full Version : Hiding kmix!!!!!

arkaine23
04-06-2005, 03:22 AM
Sometimes when I remaster, kmix doesn't want to start minimized. I've tried saving sessions, and editing the 45xsession script so that rsync'ing from the /usr/share/knoppix profile doesn't overwrite my cusotmized /etc/skel settings... And still sometimes kmix will popup when starting kde. Well I discovered that in terminals started in kde you can:

dcop kmix kmix-mainwindow#1 hide

And that will make the window minimize back to the tray. I'm not so sure about ~/.kde/Autostart, but I think a script like this would work. I haven't yet rebuilt my cloop to verify this works, but it should. I set variables for user and host because this is going in /etc/skel/.kde/Autostart and so ppl installing my remaster would have new users created with this script in Autostart and they might also choose their own hostname rather than the default, Knoppix.

#!/bin/sh
user=`whoami`
host=`hostname -s`
DCOPSERVER=`cat /home/$user/.DCOPSERVER_$host_:0 | grep local`
export DCOPSERVER
dcop kmix kmix-mainwindow#1 hide

I'll test this out to be sure, and if it works it should be wikified and maybe added to the how-to use remastering scripts thread that floats around....
I wanted to post this as its own thread since searching google and these forums did not turn up much of anything on the subject.

Nikolay
04-06-2005, 11:37 AM
I had the same problem and the easy solution for it was suggested by UnderScore, When you exit the X while remastering close Kmix manually, in this case it won't appear on remastered version.

Nikolay

UnderScore
04-06-2005, 03:16 PM
I had the same problem and the easy solution for it was suggested by UnderScore, When you exit the X while remastering close Kmix manually, in this case it won't appear on remastered version.

Nikolay Nikolay is right. In the remastering process, when I am done using the KDE GUI, right before I end my KDE session, I right click the kmix icon in the tray and quit it. Then exit the session & continue the remastering (making the compressedFS, ISO). When I reboot off the new ISO image, the kmix icon is now minimized to the tray.

arkaine23
04-07-2005, 04:22 AM
The script works, and would prevent kmix from ever strting in window mode.

knopx4me
04-08-2005, 12:02 AM
I tried what UnderScore suggeted and he is right, it did hide Kmix.