PDA

View Full Version : Problem with remasterisation

prism
04-15-2005, 07:20 AM
all proccess are running correctly but when i try create iso with this commande

mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o /mnt/hda3/knx/knoppix.iso /mnt/hda2/knx/master

I have this responce
Scanning /mnt/hda2/knx/master
Scanning /mnt/hda2/knx/master/KNOPPIX
Scanning /mnt/hda2/knx/master/KNOPPIX/images
Scanning /mnt/hda2/knx/master/boot
Scanning /mnt/hda2/knx/master/boot/isolinux
mkisofs: Uh oh, I cant find the boot catalog directory 'cdrom/boot/isolinux'!

and i trying with this commande:

mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -b KNOPPIX/boot.img -c KNOPPIX/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o /mnt/hda3/knoppix.iso /mnt/hda2/knx/master

Responce is this :

mkisofs 2.01-unofficial-iconv (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
Scanning /mnt/hda2/knx/master
Scanning /mnt/hda2/knx/master/KNOPPIX
Scanning /mnt/hda2/knx/master/KNOPPIX/images
Scanning /mnt/hda2/knx/master/boot
Scanning /mnt/hda2/knx/master/boot/isolinux
Writing: Initial Padblock Start Block 0
Done with: Initial Padblock Block(s) 16
Writing: Primary Volume Descriptor Start Block 16
Done with: Primary Volume Descriptor Block(s) 1
Writing: Eltorito Volume Descriptor Start Block 17
mkisofs: Uh oh, I cant find the boot image 'KNOPPIX/boot.img' !

Please help me

Nikolay
04-15-2005, 11:36 AM
I dunno to be honest, but just as a guess. check that compressed file system was created. it was done with create_compressed_fs or something like this command i think it must be located in master/Knoppix directory.
also there is another way to remaster using menu based scripts it was described by UnderScore few posts below in this forum.

Nikolay

nelsongs
04-19-2005, 12:44 AM
As far as I could catch from your post you're remastering from a cd boot environment, is that correct? If so, before running the mkisofs command, try to go to the master folder (cd /mnt/hda2/knx/master) and run again the mkisofs command exactly as it was posted. I really don't know how to explain why this happens but I faced this same kind of trouble in the past (when I still used to remaster from a chrooted environment) and solved it this way. And by the error messages you posted I believe the first method of using the mkisofs command is the correct one for your distro.
Cheers.