PDA

View Full Version : Kanotix 2005-02 and Lsongs

RayB
04-19-2005, 12:31 AM
Probono,

With my installation of kanotix 2005-02 I installed the klik version of Lsongs. The install was from a user account and the required password was supplied when requested by klik. Lsongs appeared to start correctly, eg the 'initialising audio' screen appeared followed by the normal Lsongs screen. However the following occurred:

1. Unable to open any stations in Shoutcast - the link would change but no station ever connected.

2. Created a playlist from an mp3 cd. Unable to play any song from the playlist. Lsongs remained unresponsive.

3. Closed the Lsongs application.

4. Tried to reopen the Lsongs application, the only result was the spinning hourglass and then nothing, just a return to the normal desktop.

Is this a result of the new Kanotix or a problem with the cmg file.

Thanks Ray

subslug
04-20-2005, 04:50 PM
I'm having the same sort of issues running lsongs on Kano 2005-2 as well. I've installed as root, lsongs fires up and runs the first time, I then pop in a cd and rip 2 or 3 files but they aren't saved anywhere? Then if I close lsongs I can't reopen it by clicking on the lsongs.cmg file on the desktop.

probono
04-20-2005, 08:54 PM
Yes, I can confirm this issue. Hopefully it will be fixed in a future release.

Greetings,
probono

probono
04-22-2005, 09:59 PM
Fixed in the latest klik://lsongs

Greetings,
probono

RayB
04-23-2005, 12:47 AM
Probono,

Many thanks, have downloaded your latest Lsongs and although I haven't checked all functions the Shoutcast stations work very well.

Ray

subslug
06-09-2005, 04:37 AM
Lsongs seems to work on Kanotix 2005-3 but it doesn't allow me to rip music from cd. Is there anything I could try to make this work?

probono
06-09-2005, 11:27 AM
Please run it on the command line, e.g.
/home/knoppix/.zAppRun /home/knoppix/Desktop/lsongs.cmg
and watch the command line for any errors it might give as you try ripping CDs. Maybe it reports that a library is missing, please post back if you see such an error.

Greetings,
probono

subslug
06-09-2005, 01:00 PM
There's not really any error, when I click the import button Lsongs goes through all the songs very quickly and adds the green check mark to them but the cd never even spins up. Anyway here is the results of trying to rip the Cults High Octane

skipping /root/My Documents/My Music/Lsongs/EncoderMusic/In The Clouds.wav
skipping /root/My Documents/My Music/Lsongs/EncoderMusic/She Sells Sanctuary.wav
skipping /root/My Documents/My Music/Lsongs/EncoderMusic/Fire Woman.wav
skipping /root/My Documents/My Music/Lsongs/EncoderMusic/Lil' Devil.wav
skipping /root/My Documents/My Music/Lsongs/EncoderMusic/Spiritwalker.wav
skipping /root/My Documents/My Music/Lsongs/EncoderMusic/The Witch.wav
skipping /root/My Documents/My Music/Lsongs/EncoderMusic/Revolution.wav
skipping /root/My Documents/My Music/Lsongs/EncoderMusic/Coming Down.wav
skipping /root/My Documents/My Music/Lsongs/EncoderMusic/Love Removal Machine.wav
skipping /root/My Documents/My Music/Lsongs/EncoderMusic/Rain.wav
skipping /root/My Documents/My Music/Lsongs/EncoderMusic/Edie (Ciao Baby).wav
skipping /root/My Documents/My Music/Lsongs/EncoderMusic/Heart Of Soul.wav
skipping /root/My Documents/My Music/Lsongs/EncoderMusic/Star.wav
skipping /root/My Documents/My Music/Lsongs/EncoderMusic/Wild Flower.wav
skipping /root/My Documents/My Music/Lsongs/EncoderMusic/Resurrection Joe.wav
skipping /root/My Documents/My Music/Lsongs/EncoderMusic/Wild Hearted Son.wav
skipping /root/My Documents/My Music/Lsongs/EncoderMusic/Sweet Soul Sister.wav
skipping /root/My Documents/My Music/Lsongs/EncoderMusic/Beauty's On The Street.wav