PDA

View Full Version : Magazine article

justsomeguy
04-11-2003, 05:27 PM
Hi,

I'm looking to interview somebody from the Knoppix team for an article I'm planning to write about it in PC Format magazine (UK) - anyone got a contact at Knoppix?

Cheers,
Graham

aay
04-12-2003, 12:06 AM
You need to get in touch with Klaus Knopper, the creator of Knoppix. Knoppix.net is not run by Mr. Knopper. The address listed for him on knoppix.com is knoppix@knopper.net. Hope this works out. Please come back here and post a link to the article when you get done.

mabhatter
04-12-2003, 03:19 AM
How 'bout a Knoppix CD in the issue with the article!
I get the Mag about 2 months late here in the US and I always love the CDs it comes with.

Just make sure you get a final 3.2 build out of Klaus before you publish it! Otherwise it would go from great PR to really, really bad PR in a hurry. Also, if you do include a CD, include instructions with as much detail as possible for best Newbie experience! Maybe even have Klaus roll you a custom disk with a little more space [keep it under 650--very fustrating to copy for newbies!] and skim the forums for some really good FAQs. I'm sure no one here would mind!

I know PC Format has to be big in the UK--after all, I can get it at newsstand here!

justsomeguy
04-24-2003, 03:43 PM
Thanks guys, I'll drop him an email and see where I get.

The CD idea is interesting - how many MB does it take up on the CD? Might be cool if we can get permission to do that.

aay
04-25-2003, 08:51 PM
how many MB does it take up on the CD? Might be cool if we can get permission to do that.

You'll need a 700 MB CDR and yes it would be quite cool to do this.