PDA

View Full Version : Windows Apps

urielka
04-20-2005, 03:27 PM
I saw that some pepole mange to make cmgs of windows apps+Crossover Office.
if can someone explain to me how to make cmg for this apps:
Office 2003
Internet Explorer
i need full instructions
thx

probono
04-24-2005, 06:36 PM
Basically you set everything up inside one directory. (Using either Wine or Crossover Office). There must be a file called "wrapper" inside that launches the application. Finally you create the cmg with

mkcramfs /the/directory/with/the/wrapper/in/it ~/Desktop/my.cmg

and there you have your cmg.

The step-by-step-instructions would be multiple pages, but I have both apps you mention running fine from cmg.

Greetings,
probono

pau1knopp
04-27-2005, 05:04 PM
Basically you set everything up inside one directory. (Using either Wine or Crossover Office). There must be a file called "wrapper" inside that launches the application. Finally you create the cmg with

mkcramfs /the/directory/with/the/wrapper/in/it ~/Desktop/my.cmg

and there you have your cmg.

The step-by-step-instructions would be multiple pages, but I have both apps you mention running fine from cmg.

Greetings,
probono

this sounds very interesting, but i am a little confused and would like to get a few more details in setting this up...

in the past i have always installed crossover office and Office 2000 in a persistent home directory. the main directory is the .cxoffice directory. is this the one that I should run mkcramfs against to make my .cmg file?

thanks in advance,

~pau1

pau1knopp
05-02-2005, 01:46 AM
I did find this link:

http://klik.atekon.de/docs/?page=Compressed%20Application%20Images

Not a lot more additional information, but a couple of helpful bits of direction.

do people think it would be worthwhile to create a howto for this? Anyone interested in working together through this thread to put together some documentation?

probono
05-02-2005, 08:13 AM
Unfortunately I don't have the time at the moment to write a full howto, but essentially you need to "repackage" cxoffice so that it uses everything from inside the cmg instead of ~/.cxoffice and /opt

Greetings,
probono

pau1knopp
05-02-2005, 02:41 PM
Hey PB,

That sounds like a good lead. Wouldn't that be essentially the cxoffice directory then?

Any chance we could look at the wrapper you are using for Office 2000? That is the cmg I would like to work on developing first, unless you have a simpler package that you would recommend we start with.

thanks!

~pau1

pau1knopp
05-10-2005, 05:29 PM
okay, here is what i have so far... not pretty, and not klikable, but functional. After installing Crossover Office and Office 2000, I saved the following directories to a spare partition (on hda3):

/home/knoppix/cxoffice
/home/knoppix/.cxoffice
/home/knoppix/.kde/appnk

Then when I reboot from live CD (currently running Kanotix 2005-02) I setup Crossover Office wth the following script.

#***crossover office***
ln -s /mnt/hda3/.cxoffice /home/knoppix/.cxoffice
ln -s /mnt/hda3/cxoffice /home/knoppix/cxoffice
cp -Pr /mnt/hda3/applnk/* /home/knoppix/.kde/share/applnk
cp "/mnt/hda3/applnk/Windows Applications/Programs/Internet Explorer.desktop" /home/knoppix/Desktop
cp "/mnt/hda3/applnk/Windows Applications/Programs/Microsoft Outlook.desktop" /home/knoppix/Desktop
#***end crossover office setup***

Anyone have any suggestions on creating a CMG and wrapper from this particular scenario? Not absolutely necessary, as I have what I want (the ability to run Crossover Office / Office 2000 from a live CD without a persistent home directory using the KDE menu), but I would like the ability to make the applications a little more portable.

Regards,

~pau1