PDA

View Full Version : Tried some kliks last night and have some questions.....

harryhood
04-21-2005, 03:19 PM
I grabbed some kliks last night and they worked fine!

1) The installation placed a .cmg file on the desktop. Is there a way to give them a icon like windoze?
2) Using a persistent /home on uba1. Klik would be install the programs there?
3) According to the first sticky in this forum, I need to edit knoppix.sh to enable these files after reboot.
How do I do that if the only file on the USB is knoppix.img? When I click on knoppix.img it opens kwrite and does nothing.

probono
04-21-2005, 03:47 PM
1) The installation placed a .cmg file on the desktop. Is there a way to give them a icon like windoze?

Not without breaking the design goal "1 application = 1 file". This is due to the way KDE works.

2) Using a persistent /home on uba1. Klik would be install the programs there?

Yes, no problem at all, you can also move the cmg from your desktop there or anywhere else.

3) According to the first sticky in this forum, I need to edit knoppix.sh to enable these files after reboot.

Simplest solution would be that you use the Kanotix Live CD, which is klik-enabled by default.

Greetings,
probono

harryhood
04-21-2005, 11:20 PM
I just tried some of the debs and they work great! I'm sticking with Knoppix for now until I'm comfortable linux. I've got the knoppix.sh and
configs.tbz on my USB stick as well as the knoppix.img. Did I edit the sh file right?
Thanks for the great work with the Kliks!!!

#!/bin/sh
[ "`id -u`" = "0" ] || { echo "You need root privileges to modify the system!" >&2 ; exit 1; }
[ -d "$1" ] && CONFIGS="$1/configs.tbz"
[ -f "$CONFIGS" ] || CONFIGS="/cdrom/KNOPPIX/configs.tbz"
[ -f "$CONFIGS" ] || CONFIGS="/mnt/floppy/configs.tbz"
if [ -f "$CONFIGS" ]; then
echo " [1mExtracting config archive $CONFIGS... [0m"
tar -jpPtf "$CONFIGS" | while read i; do rm -f "$i"; done
tar -jpPxf "$CONFIGS" ; chown -R knoppix.knoppix /home/knoppix
fi
cat >> /etc/fstab <<\EOF
/mnt/app/1/image /mnt/app/1 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
/mnt/app/2/image /mnt/app/2 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
/mnt/app/3/image /mnt/app/3 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
/mnt/app/4/image /mnt/app/4 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
/mnt/app/5/image /mnt/app/5 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
/mnt/app/6/image /mnt/app/6 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
/mnt/app/7/image /mnt/app/7 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
EOF

Well, that didn't work out too well. Rebooted and the .cmg's are there. I click to run and AppRun starts but nothing happens and eventually
it quits. F-Prot works if I use the wrapper. I opened fstab and the above lines were there. What am I missing?

harryhood
04-22-2005, 11:36 PM

Simplest solution would be that you use the Kanotix Live CD, which is klik-enabled by default.

Greetings,
probono[/quote]

Wow, Kanotix Live is great! No problems with sound and kliks work fine after reboot. Thanks probono!