PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way...

LinuxLemur
04-22-2005, 01:35 AM
can i put the files of a live cd of knoppix onto a 20GB hard drive mp3 player? i want to be able to boot from it, use it, and save onto it from any pc that can boot from USB. is that possible, and how would i go about doing this?

Kowood
04-22-2005, 04:01 AM
I'm not 100% about this, but I'm pretty sure mp3 players only support mp3 files. However, you could try, with the mp3 in the USB port, simply sending the ISO file to the mp3. (if you're in Window$, the usb connection would be under the My Computer window or someting). Then, to boot from it, have the mp3 plugged in, pop in the cd, and at the screen where you hit enter, type in: knoppix bootfrom=/dev/hd**/***.iso, where the hd** is the mp3 player (go into knoppix and see what it's listed as, probably hdc1 or something) and the ***.iso is the filename (whatever you copied off of the cd).

LinuxLemur
04-22-2005, 04:08 AM
thanks, thatll all help. i need to go to bed(stupid school) but i will definately work around with it later. Any other input would be greatfully accepted. :D

OErjan
04-22-2005, 07:04 AM
/dev/ubXY is more likely to be the proper disk.
and i would use the CD and the player as permanent home. as you can likely NOT save to the player otherwise.