PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix 3.8.1 cannot load configuration file from floppy

Jack D Ripper
04-22-2005, 02:38 PM
Hi Knoppix users ! Just recently I downloaded the image file for Knoppix 3.8.1, and burned the CD. Everything seems to be OK, however, when I try to load the configuration file from a floppy disc, by typing the boot command [/b]knoppix floppyconfig the following error message appears during boot : Filesystem not autodetected, trying to mount, /dev/fd0 with AES 256 encryption followed by a password prompt. Can anyone help me solve that problem ? Is this a bug in Knoppix 3.8.1 or has the boot options been changed ? When this boot command is used during boot using Knoppix 3.7, it works perfectly well ! Thank you !

redss
04-24-2005, 06:25 PM
I'm quite sure this is a bug in knoppix 3.8.1, since I was unable to find anybody who could get the floppy config working. I couldn't get floppyconfig working either and the only way I've been able to get knoppix to load the initial settings is by using a usb thumbdrive and the knoppix myconfig=/dev/uba1 cheatcode.

renderer
04-26-2005, 12:54 AM
Didn't the floppy config cheatcode change from "floppyconfig" to "floppyconf"?

I got hit by that one too!
--
renderer

redss
04-26-2005, 03:03 PM
Well it didn't work for me no matter which floppy cheatcode I used, "floppyconfig" or "floppyconf"

If anybody succeeds in getting either floppy cheatcode to work, please tell us!