PDA

View Full Version : kdelibs-data & openoffice-de-en

phaedral
04-23-2005, 02:44 PM
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hi all. I usually get pretty good info at #debian on freenode, but this looks like it's a little too knoppix-specific, and that's one thing you don't admit to on #debian. ;)

I ran apt-get install kgpg, 'cause I'm lazy and kgpg convenient for gmail. The kgpg actually works, but I got a message telling me that kdelibs was choking on the kdelibs-data version, and when I try to update kdelibs-data it barfs on overwriting a file from openoffice-de-en. Now anything I try with apt-get is met with "try apt-get -f install" I can't remove, I can't install, I'm chasing my tail endlessly. And I can't ask at #debian 'cause they'll kick, ban, devoice and possibly hunt me down to stick things under my fingernails; it's very knoppix unfriendly.

That said, all help greatly appreciated.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.5 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFCaicLk9YbpMuALNkRAvkRAJ9+RdhV1vTGkpO7XUxEzu u3EUBvMwCfTx2S
khBGbuBq1abtIBwJpIebKRI=
=0tUB
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Markus
04-23-2005, 07:45 PM
You should be able to force kdelibs with "sudo dpkg -i --force-all /var/cache/apt/archives/kdelibs-data-whateverversion.deb"
openoffice-de-en can be removed with "apt-get --purge remove openoffice-de-en" and replaced with "deselect update" -> "apt-get install openoffice.org"
You might also want to "apt-get install openoffice.org-l10n-en"

phaedral
04-24-2005, 02:26 AM
Markus,

Thanks, your incantations did the trick, except first I had to clean out /var/cache/apt/archives/kdelibs-data_4%3a3.3.2-4_all.deb and replace it with a manually downloaded kdelibs-data_3.3.2-4_all.deb. After that all the steps you gave worked like a charm, and a final apt-get check seems to be all smiles. Thanks bunches!

beau