PDA

View Full Version : Root profile loading

skydiesis
04-12-2003, 12:21 PM
Hello,

I am an absolute beginner so please be patient :D

I installed Knoppix on my hd using "knx-hdinstall", I got a lot of messages of error but at the end everything seemed to be ok...excepted that if I try to login as root from the graphic screen of KDE, the procedure just start and then the system freezes :( ....crazy but the user account works...

May anyone help me?

Thanks in advance

MattT
04-12-2003, 03:57 PM
Can you remember what the error messages were about in general? Or how many is a lot? Some versions of Knoppix 3.2 have a broken hdinstall script. Also if you had a bad download you might not notice it normaly but when you install it will show up.

My suggestion would be to check the MD5 of your download. If that doesn't help get the latest version 2003-04-10. I know it works because I just used it.

skydiesis
04-12-2003, 08:22 PM
Thank you for your response...

I am using Knoppix 3.1 (better "I am trying to use it... :) , I found it as ISO image in a magazine CD...uhmm..so you think it could be corrupted...anyway I am not able to download the entire cd from the net because I have a dialup connection...maybe you know any place on the Internet where I could buy the latest version?

Stephen
04-12-2003, 08:41 PM
Try here (http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html#order) to order a cd.