PDA

View Full Version : Download grube.zip

Jamesbond
04-29-2005, 02:03 PM
http://s119307663.onlinehome.us/grube.zip
Does the above URL exist at all I have been trying to download grube.zip for last couple of days now, but I only get Error on the mention URL!
Please give the gorrech URL so that I can download grube package or someone please send it as attachment to me at : thebond007@gmail.com

zokidoki
04-29-2005, 02:51 PM
try this:
http://bhavesh.mdns.org/pub/grubforknoppix/grube.zip

Jamesbond
05-03-2005, 07:10 PM
Thanx for that URL, I added it to my Download Accelarator Plus queue. 17 MB is huge for a dial-up user like me, it equals the download of Lord of the Rings for a Broadband user!! I shall take a couple of days to download grube.zip, install it and check to see if it works fine, however I do have certain other queries about Knoppix :

1) I created ISO images of GamesKnoppix and Knoppix 3.6 on my C:. I found that GamesKnoppix does not have Knoqueror installed and hence whenever I click my harddisk partitions on the desktop and Open With window pops up. What File Manager do I associate with harddisk partitions, I tried to give /usr/bin/icewm in command box of Open With window, the cursor does animate for few seconds as if it will display the contents of that partition, but nothing happens there upon. I have not faced this prob in Knoppix 3.6 as Konqueror is installed as the default file manager here!

2) A common problem I faced in both GamesKnoppix and Knoppix 3.6 is that I am not able to open the contents of the partition where I saved the images of these distros! I mean to say that on my C: drive I have a movie stored along with the images of GamesKnoppix and Knoppix 3.6. I opened Xine, to watch the movie I scrolled to its location in my case /mnt/hdc1 , however I am unable to see their contents in the Xine window. I checked /etc/fstab and found nothing wrong there.
Help here is urgently needed!

Jamesbond
05-04-2005, 08:04 AM
Wow !! that was my first expression when I could run Knoppix 3.6 from Grube.zip !!
It is simply amazing and kudos to the guys who developed it.
After this I do not face the above mentioned problems. I just wonder if I can run GamesKnoppix from grub as well, and is it possible to run other Linuxes from grube just by little configuring ?

Jamesbond
05-09-2005, 02:26 PM
How can I mount my windows partitions a read-write ?. I mean read only limits its use a rescue disk to certain extent that it cannot delete unwanted files on win partitions. I would like to mount win partitions a read-write