PDA

View Full Version : Network not working

simplyskate
04-29-2005, 10:11 PM
Hey there,

I have an Actiontec wireless router, and NTL broadband. Last week i downloaded the Knoppix live cd, but my network card wasnt compatible with it, it was an Actiontec wireless NIC with a USB interface. So because of this i yesterday bought a new Belkin ethernet network card, i installed this and everything was fine, my network was fine, my internet was fine, and my internet was working with knoppix, it was great. Then after a while, the internet and network all of a sudden stopped working and i couldnt figure out why, then this morning i did a system restore to a time where it was fine and it was all working again. Then just earlier the same thing happened again, this is what it says about the network connection when it doesnt work;

"You might not be able to access the internet or some
network resources. This problem occurred because the
network did not assign a network address to the
computer."

I tried to do a system restore again but that didnt do anything this time, so i plugged back in my wireless NIC and i am able to use the internet and network through that for now.

If anyone could help me on this that would be great because i am very confused to why its causing this problem.

Cheers,
Chad.