PDA

View Full Version : cloop 2.01-5 compile failure -- conf.vars missing

BillS
05-02-2005, 04:23 PM
I built a new kernel on an 3.8.1 system; and now need to update cloop. The compile failes
on line 9 , lookingf for:
"include $(KERNEL_DIR)/.conf.vars"

There is no file by this name on my system.. ? (find / -name conf.vars -print)

Is this a version out of step? Do I need this conf.vars ; no one else seems to.

BillS

BillS
05-02-2005, 06:54 PM
I commenebted out the include for the missing file, just to see what would happen.
Things compiled fine until compressed_loop.c.

Line 205: generated a compiler error that :
structure has no member named 'buf'

The line itself is

static int clo_read_actor(read_descriptor_t * desc , ... otherparms)
{
struct clo_read_data *p = (struct clo_read_data*)desc->buf;

The include file /usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.11/include/linux/fs.h is included which has the
read_descriptor_t structure definition which included the desc definition.

I am almost thinking a compiler problem, but I must be missing something.

BillS

BillS
05-03-2005, 03:49 PM
Found a couple of coding errors and fixed them.
Then compile worked.
Problem solved

BillS
05-05-2005, 01:17 PM
[cloop-2.01-5]# insmod ./cloop.ko
insmod: error inserting './cloop.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in module
[cloop-2.01-5]#

This was after a make run completed without reporting an error.
Using ketnel 2.6.11 source directory

BillS

ocschwar
05-13-2005, 10:06 PM
Use "modinfo" to check the kernel version string on the cloop.ko module and the kernel you compiled (by checking a random module in the build tree). (You can also use "strings" and grep for "vermagic"). If these don't match, you need to correct that by editing the makefiles by hand. The relevant variables are at the top of both makefiles. This does not completely solve the problem, however. I've gotten that far and then failed to boot, and you may too. Hoping to ask folks if there are other problems with the cloop version for 3.8.1.

Trace Green
05-15-2005, 05:19 AM
I am using Debian, and my kernel is Linux debian 2.6.11-1-686, cloop is : 2.01.5-4,
I tried to use apt-get source kernel-source-2.6.11***, and then tar -xzvf /usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.11 and ln -s *****
I don't meet the problem of conf.vars but another problem:
test -e advancecomp-1.9_create_compressed_fs/config.status || ( cd advancecomp-1.9_create_compressed_fs && ./configure)
/bin/sh: line 1: cd: advancecomp-1.9_create_compressed_fs: No such file or directory
make: *** [advancecomp-1.9_create_compressed_fs/advfs] Error 1

whar is advancecomp-1.9_create_compressed_fs? it doesn't exist in cloop's source.

BillS
05-19-2005, 06:58 PM
Knopper said that cloop-2.02 is the version that is good (corrects these errors). But didn't tell me where it was archived...