PDA

View Full Version : 3.2 Nvidia help

code_pupil
04-13-2003, 04:48 AM
ok so I had knoppix 3.1 installed and the nvidia drivers loaded on a desktop everthing worked as expected.
I then load 3.2 on a laptop with the drivers and everything is copacetic. Then I load 3.2 on the first machine and I can login into kde but after the first restart
of X kde hangs on the ksplash screen witht the second icon "system settings " blinking it will hang for a minute or so and then disappears. After 4 or 5 reinstalls
I have found that this happens with the nvidia drivers loaded and without them. The log in /var/log/XFree86.0.log stops at the font renderer warnings and there is
no error I can see in dmesg. Oh and btw windowMaker and tvwm work with or without nvidia drivers.
thank you for your time
Mileto->Frank

rickenbacherus
04-14-2003, 12:39 AM
If I read your post correctly the only thing that has changed in your desktop configuration is the upgraded version of KDE, id est KDE 3.1.1 perhaps does not lke something in your desktop.

code-pupil
08-03-2003, 07:49 AM
The problem that causes this is that no loopback interface was started. So if you get this eror just hit ctrl+alt+f1 login as root and

ifconfig lo inet 127.0.0.1