PDA

View Full Version : Burning to CD

zeroshard
05-06-2005, 12:54 AM
I have burned 3.8.1 to a CD but I notice that the 80min CD has less sectors available than there is in the ISO file. When I try to boot with it the kernel loads but it isnt loading the rest of the disk. Any ideas? The CD was blank.. there wasnt any space used. Could the drive not recognize all the free space on the disk?

Harry Kuhman
05-06-2005, 05:04 AM
I have burned 3.8.1 to a CD but I notice that the 80min CD has less sectors available than there is in the ISO file. When I try to boot with it the kernel loads but it isnt loading the rest of the disk. Any ideas? The CD was blank.. there wasnt any space used. Could the drive not recognize all the free space on the disk?
I no nothing of this sector count of which you speak, but I notice you don't give any actual numbers. None the less, you are wrong. The iso file does indeed fit on an 80 minute CD if you burn it properly. Follow the instructions in the documentation section and the downloading faq and be sure to check the md5 sum, burn the iso as an image and burn it at a slow speed (4x suggested).