PDA

View Full Version : Little strange things about klik

Darkstars
05-07-2005, 09:34 PM
Hello,
(and sorry for my poor english ...)
when i run klik it works fine... then i am installing round about six klik cmgs... and i wonder after a while about the typical message of "can't mount /app/1 etc." and "please edit fstab...". but that was not the solution. i watch the process manager and saw different "zombie" instances of cmg files. i kill these instances and all works fine.
question: what can i do to prevent this "feature"? (klik works, but sometimes i want more then one to run... seven mountpoints exists.)
thanks
darkstars
':oops:'
2.6.11-kanotix-7 kde 3.4

bfree
05-08-2005, 07:09 AM
when i run klik it works fine... then i am installing round about six klik cmgs... and i wonder after a while about the typical message of "can't mount /app/1 etc." and "please edit fstab...". but that was not the solution. i watch the process manager and saw different "zombie" instances of cmg files. i kill these instances and all works fine.
question: what can i do to prevent this "feature"? (klik works, but sometimes i want more then one to run... seven mountpoints exists.)

Sounds like a bug not a feature. When a klik/cmg application has finished running, all processes should end and all mount points should be cleaned up. If this is not happening can you say what applications are turning into zombies, and perhaps show the relevant listing from ps and mount?

The only limit is that without a bootup cheatcode to allow more loop devices you can only run up to 7 cmg programs simultaneously.

probono
05-08-2005, 09:06 AM
Enter

mount | grep app ; ps ax | grep cmg

before, while, and after you are running a cmg application. Only while the application is running, something should show up. If the mounted image doesn't disappear after finishing the application, then something is badly wrong.

Which OS are you on and wich application(s) are you using?

Greetings,
probono

Darkstars
05-08-2005, 09:12 AM
Hello again,
and thank you for your fast answer. o.k. seven applications is enough. but i have to correct: i have installed six cmgs:
1. opera (cmg on the desktop)
2.lsongs (cmg on the desktop)
3. openoffice 2 (cmg on the desktop)
4. filelight (cmg in my home directory)
5. konverter ( cmg in my home directory)
6. bastille (cmg in my home directory)

yesterday at first lsongs and opera are running at the same time. then i burned a dvd+r dl with k3b. then lsongs became slower and slower, so i end this application. then i want to open openoffice. now the error comes (described above). i shut down opera and saw in my process manager, that all ended cmg instances are alive (zombies).
but from now on:
the error comes up with only the cmgs files on my desktop! (openoffice, opera, lsongs)
filelight, konverter, bastille makes no problems.

short: only cmg files startet from the desktop can't run simultaneously.

thank you
darkstars

Darkstars
05-08-2005, 09:27 AM
o.k.
before i run cmgs:

kalbat@Box:~$ mount | grep app ; ps ax | grep cmg
12452 pts/1 R+ 0:00 grep cmg

while i run cmgs:
start with lsongs

/mnt/app/7/image on /mnt/app/7 type cramfs (ro,nosuid,nodev,loop=/dev/loop0,user=kalbat)
12590 ? S 0:00 /bin/sh /home/kalbat/.zAppRun /home/kalbat/Desktop/lsongs.cmg

now i want to start opera:

mount | grep app ; ps ax | grep cmg
/mnt/app/7/image on /mnt/app/7 type cramfs (ro,nosuid,nodev,loop=/dev/loop0,user=kalbat)
12743 ? S 0:00 /bin/sh /home/kalbat/.zAppRun /home/kalbat/Desktop/opera.cmg
12771 ? S 0:00 kdialog --error You seem to be unable to mount .cmg images correctly.?You can setup your /etc/fstab to allow users to mount .cmg images.??To prepare your fstab:?As root, please make /mnt/app writeable and add the following lines:? ?################################################# ######################?/mnt/app/1/image /mnt/app/1 cramfs,iso9660 user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0?/mnt/app/2/image /mnt/app/2 cramfs,iso9660 user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0?/mnt/app/3/image /mnt/app/3 cramfs,iso9660 user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0?/mnt/app/4/image /mnt/app/4 cramfs,iso9660 user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0?/mnt/app/5/image /mnt/app/5 cramfs,iso9660 user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0?/mnt/app/6/image /mnt/app/6 cramfs,iso9660 user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0?/mnt/app/7/image /mnt/app/7 cramfs,iso960 user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0?################################################ ####################### --caption klik

then i start filelight:

$ mount | grep app ; ps ax | grep cmg

now i shut down the kliks:
nothing in the console

thank you
darkstars

Darkstars
05-08-2005, 09:29 AM
OS Info:
2.6.11-kanotix-7 kde 3.4

darkstars

Darkstars
05-08-2005, 11:46 AM
root@Box:/mnt/app/2# ls -l
insgesamt 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 kalbat kalbat 30 2005-05-07 08:08 image -> /home/kalbat/Desktop/dcgui.cmg
root@Box:/mnt/app/2# cd ../3
root@Box:/mnt/app/3# ls -l
insgesamt 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 kalbat kalbat 30 2005-05-07 08:14 image -> /home/kalbat/Desktop/dcgui.cmg
root@Box:/mnt/app/3# cd ../4
root@Box:/mnt/app/4# ls -l
insgesamt 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 kalbat kalbat 30 2005-05-07 08:15 image -> /home/kalbat/Desktop/dcgui.cmg
root@Box:/mnt/app/4# cd ../5
root@Box:/mnt/app/5# ls -l
insgesamt 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 kalbat kalbat 30 2005-05-07 08:22 image -> /home/kalbat/Desktop/dcgui.cmg
root@Box:/mnt/app/5# cd ../6
root@Box:/mnt/app/6# ls -l
insgesamt 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 kalbat kalbat 30 2005-05-07 08:24 image -> /home/kalbat/Desktop/dcgui.cmg
root@Box:/mnt/app/6# cd ../1
root@Box:/mnt/app/1# ls -l
insgesamt 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 kalbat kalbat 30 2005-05-08 12:37 image -> /home/kalbat/Desktop/dcgui.cmg
root@Box:/mnt/app/1#

last but not least: more rights for /mnt/app then necessary... but not the solution...
Darkstars

Darkstars
05-08-2005, 12:32 PM
System Events
=-=-=-=-=-=-=
May 8 12:20:44 Box kernel: cramfs: wrong magic
May 8 12:20:44 Box kernel: ISO 9660 Extensions: RRIP_1991A
May 8 12:22:45 Box kernel: cramfs: wrong magic
May 8 12:22:45 Box kernel: ISO 9660 Extensions: RRIP_1991A
May 8 12:23:26 Box kernel: cramfs: wrong magic

perhaps for interest ....
darkstars

probono
05-08-2005, 05:15 PM
This is interesting. Does anyone have the same problems?

It should not matter where you store your cmg files. Per default, you can only run seven cmg files at the same time. As soon as you quit one cmg application, the cmg should be unmounted and the loop device should be free for another cmg. It seems as if this doesn't always work in your case.

Btw, you can use a kernel boot option to allow for more loop devices, so that you can run more than seven cmg apps at a time (would need some easy changes in the klik scripts though).

Greetings,
probono