PDA

View Full Version : Messed up monitor after using Knoppix.

audax.a
05-08-2005, 03:22 AM
I've had this proble happen to me before, but I somehow fixed it. I can't remember how.

Old url http://knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12442&highlight=&sid=6c8d7d647e2bf9195066d00e30811372

I installed Knoppix just to see what Linux was like. I had one problem with it, the display was wrong.

I have a 17 inch trinitron monitor with a TNT 2 Pro graphics card.

I had black borders around my Knoppix desktop, but I lived with it. Now half an hour later, I shut down Knoppix, take the CD out, and reboot into 98se.

The problem is still there, but different. To the sides, my monitor is squished. In the center, the text is allright. But to the sides, like my Start button is 1/10th it's original size. So is my clock.

I am also getting trouble when I do manage to get some of the drivers installed. A runtime.dll error on NVARCH16.dll

Please, I need some urgent help. I've been trying to fix it for about 3-4 hours now.

Anyone know how to fix this? I'm so scared I messed everything up!

The same thing has happened again. My monitor is not included in the kxconfig list, so I don't know what to choose. I just picked one that's 17 inches and Sony, since mine is a Trinitron 17". I looked on the back, the model is N-701T.

I booted into safe mode, uninstalled the Nvidia drivers, and set my new drivers as Standard VGA. I then reinstalled drivers. Same thing. I tried different drivers 3 different times. Any way to fix this?