PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix-STD Question

nikodemis
05-10-2005, 08:01 PM
Hello everyone, I'm having a problem mounting nfts drives. I have Knoppix -STD, during the boot process it shows STD as 0.1 and Knoppix as 2.7, I'm booting from CD, and trying to mount a Windows XP SP1 drive.

from a shell i type
mkdir /mnt/C
mount -r -t ntfs /dev/hda5 /mnt/C

The command fails, the command looks correct to me. Is there a newer iso for the Knoppix-STD?

Thanks - Nik

Harry Kuhman
05-10-2005, 08:12 PM
STD is very old, based on an old version of Knoppix, and I have never seen an update. If you can't find a newer version then I don't expect I can find a newer version either.

It should still work however.

Not sure why you are trying to use the mount commands. Don't you have drive icons (like hda1) on your desktop? You should be able to open the drives from them. Simpler than worryig about typos in the mount command.

nikodemis
05-11-2005, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the information Harry, the desktop is empty

What I'm trying to do is boot the Knoppix-STD CD, and run a program off the STD disk call FTimes. I would like to use that program to create a map of the file system, the have it write its logs to a usb hd. I've had no luck mounting either the ntfs drive or the fat usb drive. I've read the Manpage for Mount and the command looks correct.

:idea: If anyone has any idea's or knows of another distro of security tool I really could use the help.

Thanks --Nik