PDA

View Full Version : lm-sensors_2.9.1-1, debian src package, query

jjmac
05-11-2005, 11:24 AM
Hi all,

On debs lm-sensors_2.9.1-1 source package

Not exactly a Knoppix specific issue, but it is deb.

I'm hoping to draw on some prior experiances that people may have had.

The packages dependency list and debian description is a little obscure (at first) as it talks about both the 2.4.x and 2.6.x kernels.

All my dependency requirments are ok, except for a minor sysvinit upgrade and a required i2c-source (>= 1:2.9.0-13) inclusion.

As the deb source collections (.dsc .diff.gz and .orig.tar.gz) tend to cover a range of plateforms, my usual habit is to edit the policy files, to be more specific to my own requirment.

So my question is:

I'm wondering on what problems people may have struck, if any, with this package.

I also like to bypass the package system when it comes to kernel builds as well, which means i have to remove all the kernel related depends to get going.

Current setup:

kernel 2.6.10 with the ck7 patch (Con Kolivas), Athlon64 S939 on an Asus A8V board. The source README suggests the chipset is ok.

The docs seem to suggest that i may need to find a i2c patch, specific to the kernel version and apply it. But i think it may just be refereing to the 2.4.x kernels. I'm not completely sure there.

Ideas would be very welcomed :)

TIA

jm

-+- If the system is the answer, then the question
must have been really stupid -+-

jjmac
05-16-2005, 11:55 AM
Just to close this ...

seems i was worrying about nothing .. a few more reads clarified the whole thing :)

-- Summery --
--------------------

# 2.4 kernel --> needs i2c modules
and patch

# 2.6 kernel --> uses existing i2c
kernels modules, and no patch
needed

jm

-:- If the system is the answer, then the question
must have been really stupid -:-