PDA

View Full Version : making knoppix verry small

dougvega
05-15-2005, 09:35 PM
y I remaster a knoppix and make it smaller way smaller ; would the hard drive installation scripts allow me to install it on a 1.2 gig hard drive ?
yes I heard of Damnsmall but I need a good Xserver and I cant figure their xfree-extention .

Harry Kuhman
05-15-2005, 09:55 PM
..... would the hard drive installation scripts allow me to install it on a 1.2 gig hard drive ?...... .
Knoppix is a live CD. DSL is a Live CD. This whole section is about Live CDs (not ramastering, not about hard drive installing). Are you really saying that you are up to remastering but not up to just installing Debian on your hard drive? You have limited space and apparently know what you want and what you don't installed to that limited space. Why not just install Debian and the packages that you want rather than dealing with installing Knoppix or a Knoppix derived Live CD and then dealing with all the problems of scripts that don't install quite right or having a system that can't be upgraded or have additional software installed without breaking other things because it's a mix of distributions that work OK on a live CD but were never intended for hard disk install?